The Fourth Meeting of the Steering Committee of the African Union Mechanism for Police Cooperation (AFRIPOL) was held in Lusaka, Zambia, from 7-8 March 2019. The meeting was chaired by Zambia, as the senior most member of the Steering Committee.
The meeting was attended by the following Members of the Steering Committee:
- Uganda (First Vice President)
- Central African Republic (Third Vice President)
- Zambia (Rapporteur, and current Chair of SARPCCO)
- Libya (NARC)
- Sudan (EAPCCO)
- Gabon (representing chair of CAPCCO)
- AU Commissioner for Peace and Security
- Executive Director AFRIPOL
The opening ceremony featured statement from the Commissioner for Peace and Security, H.E. Ambassador
Smail Chergui, the representative of the Chairperson of the Steering Committee, Mr. Ferragh Ali, Director of Algerian Judicial Police and the Guest of Honor, Dr Chileshe Mulega, Home Affairs Permanent Secretary.
The meeting was an opportunity for the members of the Steering Committee to review the progress that AFRIPOL is making and exchanged views on ways to enhance police cooperation at regional and continental levels.